This Moroccan-style bell pepper dip is make from oven-roasted bell peppers, a touch of ras el hanout (Moroccan spice blend) and sunflower seeds for extra texture. Perfect as a dip with some crackers, as a spread on some toasts or with a salad. Dips are also the perfect way to sneak in more veggies into your diet.
Moroccan-Style Belle Pepper Dip
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 head of garlic
- olive oil
- 100 g sunflower seeds
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon ras el hanout spice blend
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 180°C
- Wash the bell peppers and place them in an ovenproof dish. Brush with olive oil.
- Cut off the top of the garlic head and brush it with olive oil. Wrap it in aluminum and place it in the ovenproof dish.
- Bake everything in the oven for 45-50 minutes at 180°C. Then, let cool.
- Remove the stem and the skin from the bell peppers with your hands. Press the baked garlic out of its skin using your thumb and your forefinger.
- Blend the peppers and the baked garlic with the sunflower seeds, the fennel seeds and 2 tbsp. of the remaining cooking oil. Season with salt and ras el hanout.