Welcome to the ultimate gift guide FROM a foodie FOR the healthy foodies in your life. You'll find everything from budget-friendly kitchen accessories for stocking stuffers, to splurge-worthy cooking equipment, alongside creative gifts you did not think of. Every item is available on Amazon for stress-free gift shopping.
We all know healthy food lovers, don't we? No matter their personality, I've got you covered! Whether they're dedicated to plant-based eating, mindful of eco-friendly living, meal-prepping bosses, or healthy mocktail advocates, you'll find a selection of gifts that will support their passion.
You can use this guide to shop for birthday gifts or to find the best Christmas gifts! Plus, it's suitable for both foodie men and women.
A note from Elo: Know that I created this gift guide with the best intentions and with your loved ones in mind. I hand-picked every single item myself and included my personal favorites. These are mostly items that I own and love and I think would make great gifts. You won't find any non-sense kitchen gadgets or overpriced pots and pans.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you purchase through that link, at no extra cost to you (read the full disclosure).
If you're an early planner, you may want to take advantage of Black Friday sales to get each item at the best possible price. And if you're a last-minute Christmas shopper, I hope you'll get your gifts just in time with Amazon Prime.
For the plant-based advocate
3. Stainless steel veggie spiralizer: It's such a fun tool to make veggie noodles, salads, and even desserts. If you want to go the extra mile, make sure to print out a few spiralized vegetable recipes.
4. Healthy Made Simple cookbook: Most people on a plant-based diet are familiar with the plant-based empire that Ella Mills and her husband have created. Her new book coming out in January 2024 is perfect to help your favorite foodie find delicious plant-based meal ideas.
6. Easy-clean slow juicer: Fresh slow-pressed juices are loaded with vitamins and antioxidants and great to add an extra serving of fruits and veggies to our diet. This juicer (which I have and love) is definitely a splurge item, but definitely worth it. If you're looking for a more affordable option, check out this slow juicer.
7. Thrive market subscription (US): Not sure what they like? You cannot go wrong with a Thrive Market subscription which offers incredible deals on healthy food items. Perfect for people on a vegan diet, or who have food allergies.
8. Koro gift card (EU, UK): If you're not based in the US, I highly recommend a gift card from Koro. They ship all over Europe and have the best selection of plant-based staples, snacks, and more.
For the trendsetting coffee addict
2. Electric milk frother: True latte art skills require a good milk frother. This one makes hot and cold foam, which is perfect for all sorts of coffee-based drinks.
3. To-go glass cups: The narrow base fits the cup holder of any car (YAY!) and makes these cups perfect for icy drinks on the go. I personally use them all the time for iced coffee, matcha, and smoothies.
4. Traditional masala chai mix: Chai is my current obsession and I recommend it to literally everyone. It's full of warming spices like cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Adding a teaspoon of this chai mix to a latte turns it into a true coffee shop kind of drink.
5. Matcha starter kit: If they feel like they're drinking too much coffee, get them hooked on matcha. This starter kit has everything they need to make a delicious traditional matcha at home. If you want to sound like a true match latte pro, pass on this tip: First, combine the matcha powder with maple or agave syrup to avoid clumps. Then, add warm (not hot) water and whisk until dissolved. Finally, pour the matcha into a cup with (warm or cold) milk.
6. Insulated mug with slider lid: It's the perfect gift for people who drink their coffee on the go or for busy moms, who don't get to drink their coffee in one sitting. The YETI mug has uncountable 5-star reviews on Amazon and is the best in its category. P.S. Did you know that you can bring your own reusable mug to coffee shops (including Starbucks) to reduce single-use plastic cups?
For the mocktail lover
2. Cocktail shaker set: It's an absolute must-have to mix delicious mocktails and it will definitely bring mocktail-making skills to the next level. Plus, it's a true eye-catcher on a bar cart.
3. Lemon zester and ribbon maker: The right tools are crucial when it comes to making the perfect mocktail garnishes. This citrus ribbon maker is a lot of fun to play around with.
5. Mocktail aromatics: It's an amazing assortment of herbs, flowers, and spices–not only for gin! This set is great for adding flavor to mocktails without using artificially flavored syrups.
6. Lyre's Italian Spritz: This non-alcoholic spirit makes delicious alcohol-free spritzers inspired by the classic Aperol Spritz. Serve it over ice with a slice of orange and Indian tonic water.
For the health and eco-conscious foodie
1. Water kefir starting set: It's definitely a unique gift! Water kefir is a fermented probiotic drink (similar to kombucha) that you can easily make at home. It's incredibly delicious and amazing for gut health.
2. Silicone baking mat: Parchment paper is one of those items that are easy to replace with a reusable alternative such as silicone mats. These have a minimal design and are very easy to wash.
3. Silicone food storage bags: Stasher bags are absolutely incredible when it comes to avoiding plastic, but they can be costly! Hence, why many foodies don't buy them for themselves and why they would make such a perfect present. You may also want to check out this colorful Stasher bag set that immediately puts you in a good mood.
4. Non-toxic sauté pan: This set is much more affordable than other well-known brands and keeps all its promises. I've had the saucepan for 6 months and it still looks like new.
5. Countertop compost bin: Composting is probably the most sustainable way to discard food scraps and organic materials. This countertop food composter is the perfect gift for someone who's eco-responsible but still likes stylish items. It saves countless trips to the outdoor compositing bin, doesn't smell, and actually looks great in the kitchen.
6. Compact air purifier: Don't we all deal with smells in the house from time to time? This award-winning air purifier traps (kitchen) odors, kills bacteria, and improves the air quality of small and large rooms. I love a non-toxic way to make the house more breathable without using fragrances and chemical products.
For the meal prepper (an organizing boss)
1. Set of Weck jars: They are the ultimate meal-prepping containers made of glass and come in lots of different shapes and sizes. If you're wondering why I recommend Weck jars over Mason jars, it's because they are stackable for easy storage.
2. Vacuum-seal glass containers: These meal prep containers are a meal prepper's secret weapon. They keep your foods fresh for longer, reduce food waste, and make meal prepping even more efficient. I got the starter kit a few months ago and have used it every week since. It's great to discover the different items and determine which size you use the most.
3. Glass spice jars: Doesn't all foodie have a spice drawer that's overflowing with spices from different brands? This spice jar set will turn any spice drawer from looking messy to being nicely organized.
4. Acrylic planning board: This minimalistic planner with magnets that stick to your fridge is the key to an organizer's heart. It is great for meal planning or keeping track of appointments, while keeping your entire household up to date.
5. Food chopper: A true foodie knows how time-consuming chopping veggies can be. This food chopper makes the process super easy and efficient, especially when prepping several meals ahead of time.
6. 10-cup Food processor: This multi-purpose kitchen appliance is essential for people who like to cook! It's perfect for chopping foods, making energy balls, veggie burgers, and so much more. What I like about this particular food processor is the bowl scraper attachment that prevents things from sticking to the sides of the bowl.
For the seasoned cook
1. Olive oil and vinegar bottles: Their stylish and minimalistic look will fit in any kitchen. You can also add them to a gift basket with a bottle of fancy olive oil and flavored vinegar.
2. Spice grinder: It's so much more than a kitchen gadget! Freshly ground spices release more intense aromas and have more complex flavor profiles than pre-ground spices. A seasoned cook will most certainly have fun with it.
3. Indoor herb grower: Perfect for growing basil, parsley, dill, and many more to add an extra flavor kick to home-cooked dishes. This grower has room for 6 different plants and fits in small spaces. It's also a fun little project to have on the side.
4. Recipe book: A dedicated notebook to gather secret family recipes and homemade creations. It's the perfect gift for people who cook a lot and want to pass on that knowledge to their family one day. I love that it comes with a beautifully designed recipe template.
5. Sourdough starter kit: If they love cooking from scratch, they might fall in love with sourdough baking. This kit has everything they need to get started.
6. Dutch oven: It's definitely a staple cooking piece that any home cook will use for years and years to come.
For the beginner cook
1. Bakeware set: This set has every size and shape of baking pan you could ever need to make brownies, cakes, cookies, and more. It's the most perfect gift for someone who just moved into a first apartment and loves baking.
2. Digital kitchen scale: Cooking, and particularly baking with a scale is the secret to successful recipes. I love that this scale has a USB charging port, which prevents you from having to deal with batteries.
3. Set of knives: A sharp knife is crucial for any good cook. I will always remember the huge difference it made for me when my family gifted me my first set of kitchen knives. This German knife set is very practical and of the highest quality.
4. Pull-through knife sharpener: Every knife gets dull at some point and sharpening it with a wetstone can be intimidating. This knife sharpener is the easiest and most beginner-friendly way I've found to sharpen knives. Every (beginner) cook needs on of these.
5. Over-the-edge cutting board: It creates the perfect cooking station in the kitchen and doesn't slip on the kitchen counter. I have one and I'm obsessed!
6. Slow cooker: It's one of the kitchen appliances I love for minimal effort, 1-pot meals. It definitely makes busy adult life a lot easier as you can program it in the morning before heading off to work, and dinner will be ready when you get home. No need to get the newest model in my opinion.
Did you find this gift guide for foodies helpful? Did you get some of the gifts I recommended? Let me know in the comments below! I can't wait to hear your story.