Savory crumble with summer vegetables and sun-dried tomatoes for an easy and effortless dinner. The perfect recipe to make with leftover vegetables and to empty the fridge.
Savory crumble: a gluten free, dairy free and vegan recipe
Oven recipes are some of my favorites for quick and effortless dinners, especially on busy week nights. Sauté the vegetables in a pan, make the crumble, bake it in the oven, done!
Zoom on the ingredients for the savory crumble
- Gluten free oats: they give the crumble a nice texture and mouthfeel. People sensitive to gluten should make sure to use gluten free certified oats, as oats are naturally free of gluten but can be contaminated during crops and processing. As some people with gluten intolerance or celiac disease can react to avenin, a protein contained in oats, it is necessary for them to exclude this probability before consuming gluten free oats.
- Almonds: give the crumble a slightly nutty taste.
- Rice flour: in my opinion the perfect gluten free alternative to wheat flour with a very neutral taste.
- Cornstarch: make the crumble crunchy in combination with the other ingredients.
- Margarine (vegan butter): necessary to create the crumbly texture. I personally use the brand Solo.
Sun-dried tomatoes instead of spices
Adding sun-dried tomatoes to vegetable dishes is a game changer. Whether you add them to sautéed vegetables or baked dishes, the give your meal that little extra something we all appreciate.
A very versatile recipe
- Seasonal alternative: make this recipe at anytime and during any season. Use seasonal vegetables and spices to make another savory crumble. For winter, chose pumpkin, carrots, onions and sweet potatoes with 4-spice.
- Perfect to empty the fridge: you have some leftover vegetables that you need to cook before they turn bad? This is the perfect recipe!
Other oven recipes here
Crumble with Summer Vegetables
For the crumble
- 50 g gluten free oats
- 50 g almonds
- 50 g rice flour
- 50 g cornstarch
- 65 g margarine e.g., Solo
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 6 (350 g) small tomatoes
- 1 (250 g) eggplant
- 1 (250 g) zucchini
- 1 red onion
- 1 handful sun-dried tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Peel and chop the onion. Wash, then cut all the vegetables into 1 cm dices. Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into small pieces.
- Sauté all the vegetables and sun-dried tomatoes in a frying pan over medium-high heat for 15 minutes, stirring regularly.
- In the mean time, prepare the crumble. Cut the butter into small cubes. Grind the oats and almonds in a small food processor. Mix the dry ingredients and gradually add the butter. Form a crumble dough by kneading the ingredients with your fingers.
- Transfer the vegetables to an oven-proof dish. Top with the crumble.
- Bake for 35min at 200°C.