This refreshing Martini Tonic makes the perfect summer drink. It uses Martini Rosato, grapefruit and fresh raspberries for a fruity cocktail.
What you need to know about Martini Rosato
Martini Rosato is a modern take on the Martini liqueur that's perfect for summer cocktails. Just like Martini Bianco and Martini Rosso, Martini Rosato is a medium dry vermouth that uses wine as a base. This particular one results from a cross between white and red vermouth that leads to its pink color.
Martini Rosato has a fruity, citrusy flavor with notes of vanilla and cinnamon. It's less bitter than Martini Rosso and characterized by the sweetness of the Bianco vermouth.
According to Barnivore, Martini products are not vegan as they contain traces of animal products. It's supposedly due to the use of gelatin of animal origin during the filtration process.
Barnivore is a crowdsourced platform, where vegans from all over the world ask producers if their products are vegan and share the answers online.
Why you'll love this recipe
- This cocktail is fancy but uncomplicated. No cocktail shaker needed.
- It's the perfect drink for a girl's night or bachelorette party.
- It's made without proesseco and a great alternative to Spritzers.
Key ingredients and substitutions
- Martini Rosato is the star of the show and pairs incredibly well with grapefruit. You can replace it with Martini Bianco if needed.
- Fresh raspberries add a fruity touch to the cocktail. You need to slightly mash them to release all their aromas. You can substitute them with strawberries.
- Grapefruit juice beautifully complements the Martini liqueur. It provides a slightly bitter taste that makes this cocktail extra refreshing.
- Tonic water finishes off the drink and makes it extra fizzy.
- Cinnamon sticks make a great garnish and enhance the cinnamon aromas of the Martini.
See recipe card for exact quantities.
- Place your wine glasses in the freezer for 30 minutes prior to serving if time allows. This will guarantee an ice-cold drink for a longer period of time.
- Make the cocktail in a cocktail jug if you're hosting a party. You'll need 8 ounces (480 ml) of Martini Rosato per bottle of tonic water (33.8 fl. ounces, 1 L). Keep it refrigerated and add the tonic water shortly before serving to prevent it from going flat.
Step-by-step (with pictures)
STEP 1: Muddle. Once you juice the grapefruit and muddled the raspberries, add them to a wine or balloon glass. Crush the with a cocktail muddler (or a fork) to release their juices).
STEP 2: Pour in the Martini. Use a cocktail spoon to give it a good stir. A teaspoon works, too.
STEP 3: Fill the glass with crushed ice. Pour the tonic water on top. Stir again.
STEP 4: Garnish with a slice of grapefruit and a cinnamon stick.
Watch the video!
Frequently asked questions
Martini Rosato may be slightly more difficult to find than Martini Rosso and Martini Bianco. You should, however, be able to find it at well-stocked liquor stores. Alternatively, you can always get it from online liquor stores.
Don’t forget to join the Cooking With Elo newsletter. You’ll get gluten-free and vegan dinner ideas sent right to your inbox.
- 5 oz (150 ml) Martini Rosato
- 3 oz (90 ml) grapefruit juice
- Crushed ice
- 6 oz (180 ml) tonic water
- 1 slice of grapefruit
- 3 fresh raspberries
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Juice half a grapefruit.
- Slightly muddle the raspberries with the grapefruit juice in a large wine or balloon glass.
- Pour in the Martini and give it a good stir.
- Top with crushed ice and fill it up with tonic water.
- Garnish with a slice of grapefruit and a cinnamon stick.
Loved it? Please rate it!
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, make sure to let us know how you liked it by leaving a star rating and a comment below! Your feedback really matters! To never miss a recipe, follow me on Instragram, Pinterest and Facebook.