Healthy gluten, dairy and refined sugar free chocolate chips waffles. Made with gluten free oats and sweetened with apple sauce and maple syrup. Adding dark chocolate chips to waffles was the best idea ever.
Healthy Gluten Free Waffles
Healthy gluten, dairy and refined sugar free chocolate chips waffles. Made with gluten free oats and sweetened with apple sauce and maple syrup. Adding dark chocolate chips to waffles is the best idea ever.Print Pin
Servings: 5 waffles
- 70 g gluten free oats
- 30 g corn starch
- ½ pack (5 g) baking powder
- 50 g unsweetened apple sauce
- 40 g maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon chocolate chips
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave (at 650W, stirring every 20 to 30 seconds) and set aside.
- Grind the oats in a small blender or food processor.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground oats, the cornstarch and the baking powder.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the egg, the applesauce, the maple syrup, the apple cider vinegar and the melted coconut oil. Combine until a homogeneous batter forms. Finally, add the chocolate chips.
- Grease the waffle iron* with a little coconut oil and preheat it.
- As soon as the waffle iron is ready, pour about 1 large tablespoon of batter in each square and bake for 3 to 4 minutes. Remember to grease after baking each waffle if necessary.
- Using a fork, carefully remove the waffles. Serve with toppings of your choice (maple syrup, fresh fruit, soy yogurt, etc.)
Notes *Grease both the upper and lower part of your waffle iron. I recommend putting ½ teaspoon coconut oil in each of the 4 squares and spreading it all over the surface using a paper tissue.
Leave a rating and comment below! Thank you!Don't forget to mention @cookingwithelo on social media
Did you like this recipe? Let me know!