The perfect spring risotto that combines the flavors of asparagus and sage. Super creamy, even though it is gluten and dairy free. Easy step-by-step recipe. Perfect if you never made risotto.
Asparagus and Sage Risotto
- 1 large yellow onion
- 400 g risotto rice 100 g per person
- 800 ml vegetable broth* or chicken broth if not vegan
- 200 ml white wine**
- 500 g green asparagus
- 2 large sage leaves
- olive oil
- salt, pepper
- 1 knob of margarine vegan butter
- Start by heating your broth. At the same time, heat water for the asparagus.
- Wash the asparagus. Peel the stems if necessary.
- Cook the asparagus in boiling water for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the onion into very small dices.
- Cover the bottom of a pan or casserole dish with olive oil and heat it. When the oil simmers, fry the onion over medium heat until translucent.
- Add the risotto rice and brown it in the oil for a few minutes.
- A a first ladle of broth. Add the sage leaves and salt.
- Alternate between the broth and the white wine, one ladle at a time and stir very regularly. Add water at the end if you did not have enough broth.
- Don’t forget to drain the asparagus when cooked.
- When the risotto is almost done (after 17-20 minutes), heat another pan with olive oil. Brown the asparagus for 2 minutes on each side. Serve them with the risotto. Enjoy!
- Stop cooking after about twenty minutes if you like your risotto "al dente". Cook a little longer if you want it to be softer. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. At the very end, add a knob of margarine.
Similar recipes here