The perfect spring risotto that combines the flavors of asparagus and sage. Super creamy, even though it is gluten and dairy free. Easy step-by-step recipe. Perfect if you never made risotto.
Asparagus and Sage Risotto
The perfect spring risotto that combines the flavors of asparagus and sage. Super creamy, even though it is gluten and dairy free. Easy step-by-step recipe. Perfect if you never made risotto.Print Pin
Servings: 4 people
- 1 large yellow onion
- 400 g risotto rice 100 g per person
- 800 ml vegetable broth* or chicken broth if not vegan
- 200 ml white wine**
- 500 g green asparagus
- 2 large sage leaves
- olive oil
- salt, pepper
- 1 knob of margarine vegan butter
- Start by heating your broth. At the same time, heat water for the asparagus.
- Wash the asparagus. Peel the stems if necessary.
- Cook the asparagus in boiling water for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the onion into very small dices.
- Cover the bottom of a pan or casserole dish with olive oil and heat it. When the oil simmers, fry the onion over medium heat until translucent.
- Add the risotto rice and brown it in the oil for a few minutes.
- A a first ladle of broth. Add the sage leaves and salt.
- Alternate between the broth and the white wine, one ladle at a time and stir very regularly. Add water at the end if you did not have enough broth.
- Don’t forget to drain the asparagus when cooked.
- When the risotto is almost done (after 17-20 minutes), heat another pan with olive oil. Brown the asparagus for 2 minutes on each side. Serve them with the risotto. Enjoy!
- Stop cooking after about twenty minutes if you like your risotto "al dente". Cook a little longer if you want it to be softer. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. At the very end, add a knob of margarine.
Notes *Use homemade broth (fresh or thawed), a jar of commercial broth or dissolve a cube of broth in water. **I usually buy small bottles of 200ml of vine for cooking.
Leave a rating and comment below! Thank you!Don't forget to mention @cookingwithelo on social media
Similar recipes here
Did you like this recipe? Let me know!