Pornstar Martini is THE fancy cocktail of the summer! This alcohol-free mocktail is perfect if you want an elegant drink minus the alcohol. It has a bold passion fruit flavor and silky smooth texture from the apple juice. To make it look like the original, you can serve it with a sidecar of non-alcoholic sparkling wine.
If you're looking for a chic mocktail for a girls' night in, a garden party or New Year's Eve, this is it! A Pornstar Martini mocktail never fails to impress.
This passion fruit mocktail recipe has tropical flavors with hints of vanilla, a velvety texture and a stylish look. It's the elevated version of a passion fruit sparkler. If you want to try the boozy version, we highly recommend this frozen Pornstar Martini.
What is a Pornstar Martini?
Pornstar Martini is a seductive passion fruit cocktail served in a coupe glass. It was created in 2022 by the famous London bartender Douglas Ankrah (who co-founded the London Academy of Bartenders).
Fun fact: A Pornstar Martini doesn't actually contain Martini (the vermouth) but is served in a Martini coupe.
The provocative name was supposedly used by Douglas Ankrah to refer to a stylish, confident and sexy drink. Since it's very controversial, some people prefer to call it passion star or passion fruit Martini.
Pornstar Martinis are generally made of vanilla vodka, passion fruit liquor (such as Passoa) and passion fruit puree. This alcohol-free version uses passion fruit and apple juices instead of spirits.
The sidecar of champagne acts as a palette cleanser. It should be drunk before the cocktail to be able to fully appreciate its complexity.
Key ingredients and substitutions
Passion fruit puree is basically passion fruit pulp without the seeds. It has a slightly viscous texture that adds richness to the body of the mocktail. It should not be replaced with passion fruit juice or syrup.
Passion fruit juice replaces passion fruit liqueur in this mocktail recipe. Preferably use a juice without added sugars.
Apple juice is used to dilute the drink and for its natural sweetness. I like to use cloudy apple juice for its velvety texture. It could be substituted with white grape juice or pineapple juice. However, we find that the pineapple tends to take over and steal the show from the passion fruit.
Vanilla syrup (e.g., from Monin) provides the characteristic vanilla notes of this drink while balancing the sourness of the passion fruit. You can replace it with a few drops of vanilla extract if you're using sweetened juices.
See recipe card for exact quantities.
Elo's top tips
- If you're making several mocktails, make the passion fruit puree in a blender. Add the pulp and seeds of 8 passion fruits (or more) to a blender. Blitz for a few seconds. You don't want the seeds to be blended too finely. Run it through a fine-mesh strainer and collect the puree. You can store it in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
- Use ice cubes versus crushed ice for this mocktail. Ice cubes are perfect to cool the drink without diluting it too much.
- Shake, don't stir your mocktail. Shaking is more efficient at cooling a drink than stirring because the liquid is repeatedly in contact with the ice. Since this drink is served without ice cubes, you want it to be ice cold when poured.
- If you don't have a cocktail shaker, use a Mason jar.
Step-by-step (with pictures)
Make the passion fruit puree. Cut a large passion fruit open and scoop out the pulp and seeds. Run it through a fine-mesh strainer and collect the puree in a small bowl. Alternatively, use a blender (see Elo's tips above).
Add the passion fruit puree to a cocktail shaker, Boston glass or Mason jar. We like this affordable cocktail shaker set with an integrated strainer.
Pour the passion fruit and apple juice into the shaker.
Add in the vanilla syrup and a few drops of lime juice.
Add ice and give it a good shake! Shake for a minute or until the container gets really cold.
Strain and pour the drink into a coupe glass. You can double-strain it through a cocktail strainer and a small fine-mesh strainer for a silky-smooth texture. Add half a fresh passion fruit as a garnish.
Traditionally, Pornstar Martinis are served with a side of champagne or Prosecco. If you want, you can pour some non-alcoholic sparkling wine into a shot glass to go with your mocktail.
Watch the video!
Frequently askes questions
Mocktails are made entirely without alcohol. They usually consist of juices and syrups.
A mocktail is an alcohol-free mixed drink while a cocktail contains liqueur. You'll often find non-alcoholic versions (aka mocktail recipes) for famous cocktails.
Don’t forget to join the Cooking With Elo newsletter. You’ll get gluten-free and vegan dinner ideas sent right to your inbox.
Pornstar Martini Mocktail (Non-Alcoholic)
- 1 oz (30 ml) passion fruit puree from 2 fresh passion fruits
- 2 oz (60 ml) passion fruit juice
- 1.5 oz (45 ml) apple juice I use cloudy apple juice
- ½ oz (15 ml) vanilla syrup
- A few drops of fresh lime juice
- Ice cubes
- Non-alcoholic sparkling wine optional
- Place a small fine-mesh strainer on top of a bowl. Cut a passion fruit in half and scoop out pulp and seeds. Push out as much pulp as possible through the strainer (see step-by-step pictures in post above). Repeat with a second passion fruit if you don't have enough puree.
- Pour the passion fruit puree, passion fruit juice, apple juice, vanilla simple syrup and a few drops of lime juice into a cocktail shaker (or Mason jar). Add in some ice cubes.
- Seal the shaker or Mason jar and shake it to cool the drink.
- Strain the mocktail into a Martini coupe using a cocktail strainer or fine-mesh strainer.
- Garnish with half a passion fruit.
- To make passion fruit puree in a blender. Add the pulp and seeds of 8 passion fruits (or more) to a blender. Blitz for a few seconds. You don't want the seeds to be blended too finely. Run it through a fine-mesh strainer and collect the puree. You can store it in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
- Shake, don't stir your cocktail. Shaking is more efficient at cooling a drink than stirring because the liquid is repeatedly in contact with the ice. Since this drink is served without ice, you want it to be ice cold when poured.
- Use a Mason jar if you don't have a cocktail shaker. Alternatively, you can get this affordable cocktail shaker set with an integrated strainer.
- Pornstar Martinis are served with a side of champagne or Prosecco. If you want, you can pour some non-alcoholic sparkling wine into a shot glass to go with your mocktail.
More mocktail recipes
Loved it? Please rate it!
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, make sure to let me know how you liked it by leaving a star rating and a comment below. Your feedback really matters! To never miss a recipe, follow me on Instragram, Pinterest and Facebook.