Warm gluten free couscous, soft vegetables, a spicy sauce and some extra chickpeas make this a delicious and nutritious dish. And the best part is that it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare.
Moroccan-Style Vegetable Couscous
- 1 large onion
- 4 carrots
- 2 zucchini
- 4 bell peppers 2 yellow and 2 red
- olive oil
- 700 g pureed tomatoes
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1-2 tablespoon ras el hanout spice blend
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 400 g gluten free couscous 100 g/serving
- Peel and dice the onion.
- Peel the carrots. Cut them lengthwise in half and then in pieces of ca. 1 cm.
- Wash the zucchinis and the bell peppers and cut them in pieces of ca. 1 cm as well.
- Heat a pan with some olive oil. When hot, sauté the onions and stir fry over medium heat until translucent.
- Then, add the remaining vegetables. Sauté for 10min over medium heat.
- Add the pureed tomatoes and let simmer for 30min.
- Before serving, stir in the chickpeas, which you drained beforehand. Season with salt, pepper and ras el hanout.
- Prepare the couscous as indicated on the package. Serve with the vegetable sauce.