Energy bars are the perfect no-bake snack to get you through the day. They are made from soft apple rings, dates, raisins, nuts and spiced with cinnamon and vanilla. The best part is that it comes together in less than 15 minutes.
Energy bars are the perfect snack
Energy bars are the perfect afternoon pick-me-up snack to always have on hand. They are easy to make ahead and to always have in your fridge for a quick and easy snack. Put them in a little container to bring them to school or work.
Zoom on the ingredients of these energy bars
- Soft apple rings to give the bars a mild apple flavor. It is important to chose soft apple rings, rather than apple crisps, as the rings help the bars stick together.
- Dates and raisins sweeten the bars and make the dough sticky.
- Almonds and cashew nuts to give the energy bars some bite.
- Cinnamon and vanilla for cosy fall flavors.
More easy snack recipes
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, make sure to let me know how you liked it by rating it and leaving a comment below! Your feedback really matters! Follow me on Instragram, Pinterest and Facebook to never miss a recipe.
Apple Cinnamon Energy Bars
- 75 g almonds
- 50 g cashew nuts
- 80 g raisins
- 75 g dates
- 75 g soft apple rings not the crispy apple chip
- 1 ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- Roughly cut a handful of almonds with a knife.
- Place the remaining almonds and the cashews in a food processor* and pulse several times.
- Add the raisins and the pitted dates. Pulse several times. Then, shortly blend on high speed.
- Add the apple rings, the cinnamon and the vanilla. Blend on high until it all comes together. Finally add the crushed almonds but don't pulse.
- To form the energy bars, I like to line a small container with parchment and fill it with the mixture. Press down with your fingers so that it takes the shape of the container. Remove from the container and cut into bars. Or simply form bars with your hands.You can store the energy bars for up to 2 weeks in the fridge**.