These cinnamon baked apples are the perfect healthy dessert for festive days. Quickly prepare the apples, bake them in the oven for 30 minutes and your dessert is ready. Caution, the stuffing is highly addicting!
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, make sure to let me know how you liked it by rating it and leaving a comment below! Your feedback really matters! Follow me on Instragram, Pinterest and Facebook to never miss a recipe.
Healthy Cinnamon Baked Apples
- 4 apples gala and honeycrunch apples work well
- 40 g almonds with skin
- 30 g cashew nuts
- 60 g almond butter
- 50 g maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoon cinnamon to taste
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Roughly grind the almonds and cashews in a food processor.
- In a bowl, mix the almond butter with maple syrup and cinnamon (caution this spread is addictingly good). Add the ground almonds and cashews to the mix.
- Wash the apples and cut off the tops at about 2,5 cm. Core them with a teaspoon*. Make sure to remove the seeds and do not cut through the base of the apple.
- Stuff the apples with the almond butter mix and place them on a baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then, put the tops on the apples and bake for another 10 minutes. Dust with icing sugar if desired. Serve hot or cold.Feel free to serve the baked apples with a drizzle of maple syrup, dairy free vanilla ice cream or vegan vanilla sauce.