Nutritious Greek style couscous salad with tomatoes, cucumber, red onions, olives. Topped with its homemade dairy free and vegan tzatziki sauce. Served with gluten free couscous.
Quick Couscous Salad, Greek Style
Nutritious salad with tomatoes, cucumber, red onions, olives and a homemade dairy free tzatziki sauce. Served with gluten free couscous.Print Pin
For the couscous salad
- 320 g gluten free couscous (80 g/serving)
- The juice of a small lemon organic
- 4 small tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- ½ red onion
- 2 slices lemon organic
- Some pitted Kalamata (or black) olives
For the dairy free tzatziki sauce
- 3 tbsp. plant-based yogurt I recommence soy or coconut yogurt
- ¼ cucumber
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 handful mint chopped
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt, pepper
- Prepare the couscous according to the instructions on the package. Replacesome of the water with the lemon juice.
- Peel the onion and slice it into rings.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them in eights.
- Wash the cucumber and cut half of it into slices.
- If you wish, cut the lemon slices into small pieces, with the skin on.
- For the tzatziki: peel, then grate the cucumber. Let it drain for 10 to 15minutes. Mix the yoghurt with the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder andchopped mint. Add the cucumber. Season with salt and pepper. Keep the tzatzikiin the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- In a large bowl mix the couscous with the onions, tomatoes, cucumber, lemonpieces and olives. Season with salt and pepper and add a drizzle of olive oil.Serve chilled with the tzatziki.
Leave a rating and comment below! Thank you!Don't forget to mention @cookingwithelo on social media
Did you like this recipe? Let me know!