Fail proof recipe for a soft chocolate moelleux with a runny chocolate center. This recipe requires corn starch (maïzena) instead of flour and margarine instead of butter to make it gluten free and dairy free.
This chocolate moelleux is a crow pleaser!
This is one of the first desserts I made 6 years ago when I had to start my gluten and dairy free diet! I can guarantee you that I have made this recipe countless times since then. It always is a crowd pleaser. Ans trust me, no one ever notices that it is gluten and dairy free unless you tell them. The reason for that is that the flour is replaced with corn starch and margarine with butter. As these ingredient have similar properties, it doesn't make a huge difference i taste and consistency.
How to ALWAYS have that runny chocolate center
I'm going to reveal my best-kept baking hack! The secret is to insert some chocolate chunks in the batter before putting it in the oven. Simply break a square of chocolate in half and insert both pieces in the center of your chocolate moelleux before baking. With the heat, the batter will cook, the moelleux will rise and the chocolate that you placed at the center will melt. As soon as you dig in with a spoon, the heart of your lava cake will be perfectly runny.
More snack and desserts here
Fail-Proof Chocolate Moelleux
- 100 g dark chocolate 70% cocoa
- 50 g margarine more for greasing
- 50 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 30 g corn starch maïzena
- 4 (40 g) squares of chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Start by melting the chocolate in a saucepan over low heat or in the microwave (2x 30s at 650W)*.
- Add the margarine to the melted chocolate and stir with a spoon to melt it.
- In large bowl, beat the eggs and the sugar with a whisk until foamy.
- Stir in corn starch with a spoon or a spatula.
- Now, pour in the chocolate-margarine mixture and stir again.
- Grease 4 ramekins with some margarine and fill them with batter.
- To obtain a runny chocolate heart, insert a square of chocolate that you broke in half, in the center of each ramekin.
- Bake exactly 12min. Enjoy hot!