Wraps with a warm lentil and vegetable mix and the creamiest vegan basil pesto. Comes together in less than 45 minutes.
Wraps with lentil filling
- 4 gluten free wraps store-bought
- Some spinach leaves
For the filling
- 200 g red lentils
- 1 red onion
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 small carrots or 2 medium ones
- olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala spice blend
For the pesto
- 2 handful (30 g) fresh basil or 1 handful fresh basil and 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 150 g cashew nuts soaked at least 2h in boiling water
- 150 ml water
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch of salt
Prepare the filling
- Wash the veggies. Peel the carrots. Then, dice the onion, the tomatoes and the carrots.
- Heat a pan with some olive oil. When hot, stir fry the veggies for 15min over medium heat.
- In the meantime, cook the red lentils according to the instructions on the package.
- When cooked, drain the lentils and add them to the veggies.
- Add the spices, salt and pepper and set aside.
Make the pesto
- Drain the cashew nuts (that your soaked in boiling water for at least 2 hours).
- In a small blender or food processor, blend all the ingredients for the pesto until a smooth paste forms.
- Fill each wrap with some spinach leaves, 3-4 tablespoons of the lentil mixture and 2 teaspoons of pesto.
- Eat as is or slightly grill the wraps in a pan.