- 2 cups frozen bananas
- ¼ cup plant-based milk I like full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
Cut the bananas into slices and place them on a baking sheet that you previously line with parchment paper. Freeze for at least 8 hours.
Add the frozen bananas, coconut milk and vanilla extract to a food processor or high-speed blender.
Start blending on low-medium and gradually increase the speed until perfectly smooth. Scrape down the side with a spatula in between blending if necessary.
Eat as soft serve right away or transfer it to a baking dish and freeze for 2 more hours until scoopable.
- How many bananas make a cup? Two medium bananas make one cup of sliced bananas.
- You can replace coconut milk with another type of plant-based milk. If you do so, I recommend adding 1 tablespoon of cashew butter to make it creamier.
- If you freeze the banana ice cream overnight or even longer, it will become very hard. Make sure to take it out of the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for 15 minutes prior to serving to be able to scoop it easily.
- Equipment: you can make this ice cream in a food processor or a high-speed blender. I got this KitchenAid one a few years ago and it was one of my best investments!
Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 18g