- 1 cup (140 g) frozen banana about 1 large banana
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) milk plant-based
- ¼ cup (65 g) plain yogurt plant-based
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds for protein (optional)
Cut the bananas into slices and place them on a baking sheet that you previously line with parchment paper. Freeze for at least 8 hours.
Add the milk, yogurt, vanilla extract, hemp seeds and frozen banana slices to a blender.
Start blending on low-medium and gradually increase the speed until perfectly smooth.
Serve right away.
- If you don't have enough frozen banana slices, you can use part fresh bananas.
- If using a small blender, run the frozen bananas under warm water to slightly soften them. This will make the blending process easier and prevent damaging the blades. You can omit this tip if using a high-speed blender.
- If your frozen bananas aren't sweet add a splash of pure maple syrup to your smoothie.
- Always start with a little milk and add more if necessary. If adding a lot of milk right away, you will lose the thickness that the frozen bananas provide.
- For a really thick smoothie, use the tamper of your blender or scrape the sides from time to time.
Calories: 295kcal | Protein: 12g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 23g