- 1 cup yogurt plant-based
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) vanilla-flavored milk plant-based
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup
Spoon the yogurt into a clean ice cube tray. Place it in the freezer for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Add the frozen yogurt cubes to a blender with the milk, vanilla extract and maple syrup.
Break down the frozen yogurt cubes using the ice-crush setting of your blender if it has one. Then, start blending on low-medium and gradually increase the speed. If necessary, stop blending from time to time to scrape down the sides (see video).
Add your toppings of choice and serve right away.
- A high-speed blender is ideal to make this frozen smoothie. It's powerful enough to break down solids and provides an incredibly smooth texture. It also has more resistant blades compared to smaller blenders. This KitchenAid blender is the one I've been using for over 2 years and one of my best purchases!
- You can leave out the maple syrup if you're yogurt and/or milk are already sweetened.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice if you want it tarter.
- Store leftover frozen yogurt cubes in an airtight container (or silicone bags). This prevents the yogurt flavor from getting altered in the freezer.
Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g