- ½ cup (80 g) sun-dried tomatoes packed
- ¼ cup (50 g) oil from sundried tomatoes or olive oil
- ¼ cup (35 g) pine nuts or cashews or sunflower seeds, more for topping
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar sub red wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 16 oz (450 g) cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- 4 servings of pasta gluten-free
Bring water to a boil.
When the water is boiling, cook the pasta according to package directions.
Add the sun-dried tomatoes, oil, pine nuts, tomato paste and apple cider vinegar to a blender. Blend until the tomatoes a finely chopped. Blend for longer if you prefer a smoother consistency.
Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut them in half. Wash the basil and slice it very thinly.
Once the pasta is cooked, drain and rinse it under cold water.
Mix the cold pasta and pesto in a large salad bowl. Top with extra pine nut and fresh basil.
Calories: 511kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g