- 1 cup (120 g) rolled oats gluten-free
- 2 teaspoon flaxseeds
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 (80 g) banana
- 3 tablespoons Nutella we use a vegan chocolate spread (see notes)
- ½ cup (120 ml) plant-based milk
- 1 handful of chocolate chips optional
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
Add the dry ingredients to a blender or mixing bowl if using a stick blender. Blend until you obtain a fine powder.
Add in the wet ingredients and blend until perfectly smooth.
Pour a little bit of batter into 2 greased ramekins. Scoop a teaspoon of Nutella into the center. Top it off with the rest of the mixture and some chocolate chips.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Vegan chocolate spreads: our favorite store-bought brands are Artisana and Justin's. If you need to keep it nut-free, we recommend this sunflower-based spread. But any chocolate spread will work.
- Note on microwaving: while you can usually bake oats in the microwave (3-5 minutes on high), we found the texture is much better when baked in the oven.
- Storage tips: once the oats have cooled down, you can store them in the fridge for 2 days covered in plastic wrap (or a sustainable alternative). After that, they will have a drier texture.
Calories: 347kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 11g | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 18g