- 2 tablespoons (10 g) vegan vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup (40 g) rolled oats gluten-free if needed
- ½ cup (160 ml) plant-based milk
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup more to taste
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-3 tablespoons plant-based yogurt
If your vegan protein powder doesn't dissolve easily, reheat your milk in the microwave until it's lukewarm to help the protein powder dissolve.
Add the oats, protein powder, plant-based milk, almond butter, maple syrup and cinnamon to a Mason jar or a bowl. Give it a good stir. Close or cover air-tightly.
Place it in the fridge to set overnight or for at least 4 hours.
In the morning, stir in the yogurt. Add your favorite topping and enjoy.
- The key to making overnight oats that you'll like is using a protein powder that you love. If you are unable to drink a shake made with that protein powder because of its taste and/or texture, you most likely won't like the overnight oats either.
- If the taste of your protein powder is fine but not great, you can mask it to a certain extent with nut butter and spices (e.g., almond butter, peanut butter, cinnamon, all-spice, pumpkin spice).
- Omit additional sweeteners if your protein powder is already heavily sweetened.
- Make several jars of overnight oats ahead for the week. You can store them in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g