For the buckwheat galettes
- 1 cup (120 g) buckwheat flour
- 1 ½ cup (350 ml) sparkling water
- 1 pinch of salt
- Vegan butter for cooking
For the toppings (optional)
- 2 sweet onions
- 500 g mushrooms
- Olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley
- 4 slices of vegan butter (margarine)
Prepare the toppings (optional)
In the meantime, peel the onions and cut them into very thin slices. Heat a pan with a little olive oil. When hot, caramelize the onions over low-medium heat for about 30 minutes.
Brush off the dirt on the mushrooms and cut them into slices. Heat a pan with a little olive oil. When hot, sauté the mushroom over medium heat until soft and golden brown.
Wash the parsley and roughly cut it with a knife.
Make the gluten free buckwheat galettes
Give the batter a good stir. It should be runny enough to easily spread in the pan.
Heat a (crepe) pan over medium-high heat with vegan butter. Check if it is hot enough by pouring a teaspoon of crepe batter into the pan. It should sizzle and set very quickly. If it doesn't, wait another minute and repeat the process.
Pour a small ladle of batter into the pan and quickly rotate it to spread it out as thinly as possible. Let it cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Flip the galette when the edges start to lift. Allow it to cook for another minute.
Top with the mushrooms, caramelized onions and parsley. Add a thin slice of vegan butter and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Fold the edges and press them down shortly to give the galette a square shape.
Use a paper towel to grease the pan after each crepe and repeat the process until there is no batter left.
- The resting time allows the batter to thicken and make soft and crispy galettes.
- Crepe pans and well-greased heavy-bottomed skillets are best to assure the crepes don't stick to the pan and have that beautiful pattern.
- How to store the galettes? You can store the buckwheat crepes (without toppings) in the fridge for up to three days. Stack them on a plate and cover it with plastic wrap or wax paper. Simply reheat the crepes in a pan before serving.
Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 1g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g